During installation of CentOS the installer screen goes black.
- The terminal multiplexer is running in virtual console 1.
- To switch from the graphical installation environment to tmux, press Ctrl+Alt+F1.
- To go back to the main installation interface which runs in virtual console 6, press Ctrl+Alt+F6.
Available tmux Windows
|Ctrl+b 1||Main installation program window. Contains text-based prompts (during text mode installation or if you use VNC Direct Mode), and also some debugging information.|
|Ctrl+b 2||Interactive shell prompt with
|Ctrl+b 3||Installation log; displays messages stored in
|Ctrl+b 4||Storage log; displays messages related storage devices from kernel and system services, stored in
|Ctrl+b 5||Program log; displays messages from other system utilities, stored in
Switching to Terminal Ctrl+Alt+F1 you see
X startup failed, falling back to text mode
Pane is dead (signal 10)
install system with basic video driver
install in text mode by adding "inst.text" to the end of the GRUB boot line
- Press ENTER to continue with the normal boot.
- Make selection from the above menu. Perform configuration and return back to the main menu by pressing the c key. Once ready begin the RHEL 8 installation by pressing the b key.